Hello Maria: Globetrotting Marketer, Polyglot, and Pie Baker
Continuing our series on new hires, we are so excited to welcome Maria, our new marketing star and speaker of oh-so-many languages. She brings a load of cool experience to the team, and she makes a wicked good apple pie!
- Name: Maria Lopez-Barrantes
- Age: 32
- Position @WooRank: Digital Marketer
- Languages you speak: Spanish, French, English, and some Italian and Portuguese
- Brief bio: Originally I come from Madrid, Spain but have been living in Brussels for over three years. I have an Advertising and Public Relations Master Degree from the Complutense University and I also studied one year in Paris at CELSA Communication school. Over the last few years I’ve worked on projects concerning healthcare and sustainable development, as well as online marketing campaigns in Spain, Belgium, Canada and France.
The Important Questions
- What’s your favorite online time waster? Song hunting, a good song discovery makes me really happy.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you bring with you? The cast of Lost, a spaceship and a camera with unlimited memory card.
- Do you have any hobbies? I am a passionate photographer, and I also love playing tennis and hiking.
- What celebrity would you most enjoy meeting in real life? Peter Beard, because he has a very unique and highly personal body of work.
- What excites you most about becoming a WooRanker? What excites me most is to be part of a team and technology that is a leader and innovator in the field of automated Digital Marketing, and which provides a real solution for SMEs. Besides that, the atmosphere is really cool and fun – it’s a pleasure to be part of!
- Do you pronounce .gif with a hard g or a soft g? Considering my roots I should say hard, we like to emphasize every word starting with “j” or “g” 😉