How To Do A Quick SEO Audit
Until fairly recently Search Engine Optimization (SEO) was largely an exercise in saturating a website with specific keywords. But, as search engines got smarter and the user search got more sophisticated, SEO has evolved into a complex beast requiring constant nurturing.
From on-page elements to the number of external referrals, there are literally hundreds of site components that require optimization if you’re to stand any chance of ranking highly in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). But how do you find out what needs optimizing?
Well. you’re in luck. Today we’re going to show you how to do a quickwhich is detailed, fast, extremely simple and – best of all – completely FREE.
Why Should I Care About SEO?
If you’re new to SEO let’s start by understanding what SEO is and why you should optimize your site for search engines.
SEO is the practice of improving on-page, off-page and technical elements belonging to your site which will…
- Improve your site’s ability to rank highly in SERPs
- Attract your
- Increase overall online visibility
- Increase site traffic
- Result in a better ROI compared with paid advertising
- Make you more competitive.
What Is An SEO Audit?
In brief, an online presence, which is often separated into three main areas:is an examination of your website and
- Technical SEO includes:
- Mobile speed
- Page load speed
- Crawl errors
- XML sitemaps
- Use of robots.txt file
- On-page SEO includes:
- URL structure
- H1 tags
- Meta descriptions
- Title tags
- Content length
- Internal links
- Off-page SEO includes:
- Backlink count and quality
- Social media engagement
- External relationships
- Trust and authority
To get an idea of how your site is performing across all of the areas above a comprehensive must be conducted. There are tons of free tools out there that will enable you to perform an audit of technical, on-page and off-page SEO. However, doing it manually is neither quick nor easy (if you’re not massively experienced).
Which, brings us nicely onto the nitty gritty.
How To Do A Quick SEO Audit?
Thanks to the brilliant minds at WooRank tool, conducting an is as simple as typing in your URL and hitting ‘return’.who have spent years (maybe decades) developing the
Step 1. Go to www.woorank.com
Step 2. Enter the URL of the website you wish to review
There’s no catch!!
Step 3. Wait a few seconds and…
Your results appear on-screen in a neat, easily formulated and well-structured way.
If that wasn’t enough, the WooRank auditing tool boasts a full list of features including:
- A visual overview complete with WooRank score: The WooRank score is between 0-100. Sites scoring 40 or lower will required a fair amount of improving. Sites achieving 70 or more should be well on the way to SEO utopia. Well done.
- Download audit as PDF: Easily download the results of your website review as a PDF or as slides. These can be personalized to include your own branding and footer.
- Unlimited FREE SEO audits: Whether you are conducting audits on behalf of clients or you simply want to take a sneak peek at your competitors’ sites, there is no limit to the number of free website reviews.
- Access to WooRank Experts: If you need help with the tool or you’re serious about growing your business, there are plenty of experts at hand who have all been carefully approved and certified as WooRank Experts. So if you’re finding it hard to find a trusted expert, then rest assured that has done all the work for you.
- Marketing Checklist: Unlike other SEO tools, provides a full and prioritized Marketing Checklist that you can tick off as you complete tasks. Although this is only available to Advanced Review users, which is a paid feature, it’s well worth splashing out as this can really assist in vastly improving your online presence and brand visibility.
- More than 70 elements tested: The WooRank tool examines 70+ different on-page, technical and off-page SEO elements to determine what Google thinks of your website. Each element assessed is color coded to help better identify areas of success and areas of improvement.Results that appear in gray indicate elements of importance but don’t necessarily contribute to your overall SEO. Green results are elements that have passed, while red results are elements that have been flagged as errors.
- Simple advice and explanation: Next to each SEO criteria is a ‘?’. Clicking this will expand detailed technical help and explanations for a particular section.
Get A Quick SEO Audit For Your Site
Manually auditing individual technical and on-page elements can be a hefty job – even for the most modest websites – but many SEOs do it with great success. But bear in mind that SEO has evolved into a complex practice that places a new emphasis on trust, brand authority and knowledge, which are often harder to measure. While there are tools available that measure reach, using individual programs can be laborious and costly.
Tools like review of your website and online presence through a quick SEO audit, which will prove to be invaluable to your online business.provide an in-depth