Introducing Ignacio, Deputy CEO and Casual Chef
WooRank is still growing, and we’ve got someone important to introduce today – our new deputy CEO, Ignacio! He’s the master of metrics, achievable goals, and helping people play to their strengths.
- Name: Ignacio
- Age: The oldest (but still only 45)
- Position @WooRank: Deputy CEO
- Languages you speak: Spanish, English and a little French
- Brief bio: Although I have a degree and a Masters in Business Administration, I have been working for more than 20 years in the IT industry. Most recently in the hardware industry as CTO of LeaseWeb, one of the biggest european hosting companies, as well as previously in a software company as COO and Deputy CEO for Panda Security. Before that I worked in the educational world as founder of one of the first online universities in Spain within the biggest media group in Spain, Prisa.
The Important Questions
- What’s something you’re surprisingly good at? I am good at cooking, actually! I am quite creative and like to improvise and create new dishes.
- What’s your favourite online time waster? I love Netflix, and watch almost any series
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you bring with you? My kindle full of books, a nice deck or Adirondack chair and plenty of nice food. (Ok, technically this sounds like just a vacation, but we’ll take it.)
- Do you have any hobbies? I have many hobbies but little time since I also have many kids! I like sports a lot; I play tennis and golf and now bike to the office, if you can call it sport, and I also enjoy music and go to concerts every chance I get.
- What celebrity would you most enjoy meeting in real life? I would love to meet Rafa Nadal! He is not only a great tennis player but a very interesting and wise person.
- What excites you most about becoming a WooRanker? To be part of such a successful team with so much potential and positive energy.
- Do you pronounce .gif with a hard g or a soft g? I think I pronounce it with Spanish accent…